Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! Boyfriend or not, we think it’s important to celebrate whatever you love in your life- even if it isn’t tall, dark and handsome!
Our biggest focus at Strut-This is loving yourself and there’s no better way to show yourself some love than with flirty, fashionable workout clothes! Loving yourself means being fit and exercising so you can still love yourself after an enormous meal with your special someone or a pint of ice cream with your friends to celebrate (or at least get through!) the holiday.
Even if you’ve been slacking in the fitness department, that doesn’t mean you can’t indulge a little on V-Day! In fact, some ‘guilty pleasures’ are actually good for you! Here’s a list of some of our favorite guiltless pleasures to get you through the day:
1. Chocolate- If you think of Valentine’s Day as National Chocolate Day, you’re not alone- or being unhealthy! Dark chocolate is known to lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of stroke, and provide you with antioxidants. A square or two of dark chocolate a day is recommended to maximize the benefits, so National Chocolate Day isn’t restricted to February 14th. We recommend dark chocolate covered strawberries to get a serving of fruit, too!
2. Trashy TV- Reality TV shows may not be the most educational, but they sure can provide us with some good laughs! After a long day at work, cuddling up on the couch and watching The Bachelor (our fave!) can be the perfect day to wind down your day and take your mind off of work. And watching a bunch of crazies fighting over the same man can certainly make you feel better about whatever is happening, or not happening, in your love life.
3. Wine- Wine-o’s rejoice! The buzz on red wine is that it can provide the body with antioxidants and healthy cholesterol. Based on our own testing (which really just involves us pouring a glass), we found that wine can also relieve stress, something that seems to surround every holiday, big or small. Cheers to that!
4. Playing hooky (you didn’t hear it from us!) – Dreading the idea of having the only desk in the office without fresh flowers on it? Studies show that taking a mental health day can relieve stress, lower blood pressure, and even boost creativity. Staying home also means avoiding the cupcakes and cookies lying around the office- even better!
5. Girl’s night out – Being single on Valentine’s Day no longer a bummer with events like Valentine’s Day pub crawls and happy hours for singles. In fact, you should feel sorry for your ‘taken’ friends who have to sit over a mediocre prix-fixed dinner where a couple seated awkwardly close to your table gets engaged. So go out with all your single ladies and make the most of this holiday, gossiping and flirting with men you, for once, know are really single! Of course, if you’re in a relationship, don’t fret- we’re sure your dinner will be magical and said couple getting engaged will be you.
So what do we at Strut-This love this Valentine’s Day? YOU! Our customers motivate us every single day to not only better our company, but better ourselves as well. You are all beautiful, inspiring women and we love every single one of you!